Thursday, September 4, 2008

Welcome Shutterbug Divas

Welcome to the first posting of Shutterbug Divas! I am Jaime Rowe - master dog tummy scratcher and cold ear cat toucher (I will explain later...) of Greens Paws Photography.

I am calling out to all Shutterbug Divas out there to come along my journey with me to become a professional photographer of four-legged animals that lick each other to say "Hello there!" and kick their legs in a quick random motion when you scratch their tummies (aka dogs...and crazy cats too).
This blog will be my journey through the steps it takes to "break" into the photography and pet industry. I will share EVERYTHING...learn from my mistakes (or run away with your bag of snausages in the other direction).
I also will be starting a group called Shutterbug Divas in the Denver area. It is a crossbreed of a camera club and a women's group (no we will not burn bras or put our husband's picture on a bullseye).

Shutterbug Divas is all about Eating (my favorite part), Laughing, Learning, and Dreaming.

Anyway - we will meet once a month for a "Diva Photography Workshop" in a hip, modern gallery and then have a "Divas Night Out" once a month where we have a few drinks and then go out on the town with tripods and take some sweet night photos.

I look forward to your comments and silly dog/cat stories are always welcome!

1 comment:

Haley Poulos said...

OMG I wish I was back in CO to join your Divas group. It sounds perfect! I found your blog via the Cowbelly blog so I thought I'd peek in - I'm an aspiring pet photographer, too. Anyway, just wanted to wish you the best of luck, and the next time I plan on being in the Denver area, I'll have to see if there are any Diva meetups planned!